- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Serves: 50
- Category: Service Sauces & Condiments
- 2 1/2 qt red wine
- 4 c minced shallots
- 2 1/2 qt hot water mixed with ½ cup Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Beef Base, dissolved
- 3/4 c cracked black pepper
- 2 1/2 tbsp. tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 c port wine
- 2 1/4 lb unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- Add the red wine and shallots to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the Roasted Beef Base broth, pepper and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce by half
- Add the port wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly whisk in the butter, ½ cup at a time. Serve immediately.