- Prep Time: 55m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Serves: 16
- Category: Entrées
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 stick butter, 8 tablespoons
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 c buttermilk, add more if needed 1 Tablespoon at a time
- 3 pkg Southeastern Mills® Country Biscuit Mix
- 2/3 c raisins
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2/3 c light brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Prepare the filling by combining brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Prepare dough by combining Country Biscuit Mix, buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir to combine. Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead 3-4 times.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectangular shape, approximately 16" X 10".
- Spread filling mixture all over dough.
- Sprinkle raisins over the filling.
- Cut the dough in half, and roll each half into a log.
- Place each piece of rolled dough onto a sheet pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the topping by adding the brown sugar, butter, and salt into a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Pour the mixture into a 9" X 13" baking dish and sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each log into 8 equal pieces.
- Place pinwheels directly on top of the pecans.
- Place the baking dish directly into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven and allow to cool in pan for 5-8 minutes.
- Place a cutting board or large platter over the baking dish and carefully invert to remove the biscuits from the pan. Serve immediately.